Saturday, April 15, 2023

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter from the Farm.

You can sign up here

I began this blog back in 2006. For years, I kept it up and loved writing it. During a time in my life when I was living in western Massachusetts on our sheep farm with a small child with compromises, this blog kept me connected to others who shared my different interests in fiber, yarn, color, design, cooking, gardening and farming. I was also able to introduce my different book projects and share the book making process with readers. I love this blog and I love all the people I met through it. I frequently find information on this blog that I can't find anywhere else. It is like a treasure trove of my creative and farm life. I loved reading each and every comment and thank you for commenting.

As with all things, the internet has changed and morphed in other ways that has made blogs like these feel old-fashioned. Blogs began to be more commercial and everything seemed to be about advertising and making money. Fewer and fewer people were coming here and my enthusiasm waned. I continued my connection to my readers through a MailChimp newsletter. 

So now...... there is good news for those who want to continue following me online to hear about what is going on in my creative life. I have migrated my newsletter to a newish platform called Substack. Substack is a publishing format for writers wanting to connect to readers interested in what they have to say. Substack newsletters are free to read but there is also an option for writers to develop a paid newsletter. At this point, my Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter from the Farm is totally free. I do not know if I will go the paid route because I'm not sure I have the time to develop content that I think readers will want to pay for. 

If you sign up to my Substack Newsletter, you will receive each piece that I publish in your email in-box. You can also download the Substack app directly to your phone so that you can read it there. As each newsletter is published, you will receive notice on your phone. On the Substack App, you can find all types of newsletters about so many different subjects - food, science, crafts, farming, cooking, politics, wellness and much much more. 

Hope to see you and hear from you over on my Substack Newsletter Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter from the Farm. SIGN UP HERE.

I'll keep this blog here and welcome all to dig into the archives that are rich with color, creativity and farming life. 

No comments:

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...