Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Thanks to Whip Up

First Australia gave us sheep, then Jo Sharp and her wonderful yarn and books, and now it's Whip Up! Handcraft in a Hectic World. First of all, I love the name. It's a happy-go-lucky word I've used for most of my life. My mom, sisters and I were always "whipping up" something - batches of cookies, embroidered pictures, little dresses on Mom's old tan Singer sewing machine, messes, and lots of parties with all our like minded crafty friends. I'm still whipping things up - just for magazines and companies to sell to people like you.

Whip Up! is a craft blog like no other. (It probably isn't actually a blog but I don't know what else to call it!) There are contributing writers from all over the world who love all kinds of crafts. Daily, there are posts from these designers, along with from the Whip Up! creator/editor Kathreen Ricketson. The content is all top of the line but approachable. I especially love it because it covers many of my interests - sewing, felting, paper crafts, dyeing, embroidery, knitting, crochet, cooking, fabrics, kids crafts and more. There are tutorials from many different disciplines and interviews with designers. Daily I am amazed by what the web geniuses find. And it only began in January 2006.

In April I had a copy of Colorful Stitchery sent to Kathreen because she expressed interest in reviewing it. I was so excited because as you can tell, I looooove this site. The review just hit and so publicly, I'd like to thank Kathreen for doing such a nice job on it. I'm so happy she liked Colorful Stitchery and I hope her readers will too.

Quality and creativity - you'll love it! It is now one of my daily reads. Check it out today and everyday!

1 comment:

kath red said...

hi kristin
thank you for sending me the book to review. for believing in such a new site and for such a great blurb about it. I really loved your book and unfortunately have just given it away to one of whipups readers, I am sure they will enjoy it.

regards
Kathreen

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...