Monday, May 22, 2006

A welcome surprise in the mail

I love to pick up my mail - sometimes if I'm lucky, there is a present in the box in the form of a new magazine mixed amongst the many bills and pieces of junk mail. Yesterday, I was totally shocked. I received the newest issue of Rowan Yarn's Knitting Newsletter which goes to certain subscribers throughout the world - it is called the Rowan International Knitting Club. And guess what? There I was in a two page feature called A Day in the Life of Kristin Nicholas.

Now, it shouldn't have been a total surprise; somehow they had to find out what a "Day in the Life" here on the farm was like. I wrote the piece back in March (I think) but I was two months past the due date. I sent it in anyway and never heard a thing. I figured, oh well - missed the date. That procrastination thing got me again!
But I guess I wasn't too late. And it is a real thrill for me.

For years I have admired what those folks do over in Holmfirth. They put out beautiful yarns and their photos and books are styled so creatively. While I was working at Classic Elite, I never looked too hard at what Rowan was doing - I didn't want to be too influenced by them. I wanted to have a clear vision of what I wanted to do for my American customer. Now, I can look all I want because I don't work for anyone anymore, except myself. I do what I want and hope people like it.


Thank you Rowan, from me, and from all the knitters who you keep inspired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recieved my copy and read about you - your work is fabulous.
: )

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...