Thursday, September 21, 2006

My enormous plume poppy has turned a lovely shade of gold. The shape of this leaf is to die for. I love all the rounded cut-outs. I would love to use it on a pillow as an embroidery outline. Haven't gotten to it yet.... The gold looks so nice against the galvanized metal mottled background.

p.s. I've read in many gardening books that you shouldn't plant plume poppy. I have so much room in my garden though that I am always looking for some things to spread and look tall and majestic. This plant fills the bill although I have to keep it in line so I don't have only plume poppies.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Enjoying your golds. I've just started the spartan pullover. What a treat to find you while doing a little googling! It's a Christmas surprise for the DH. Bring on the NE colors!

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...