Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pinch me - I can't believe the beauty

Fall is such an incredible time of year around here. Sometimes I drive around in my car just marvelling at all the color and natural beauty. Last week Julia and I took the back roads to Brattleboro to run some errands. Luckily I had my camera with me.

Just north of The Franklin Farm, and just over the Vermont state line, is Weatherhead Hollow. It is a man-made reservoir for boating and fishing and I can honestly say it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I snapped these photos and did no fancy Photoshop enhancement.

I can just imagine a Fair Isle Sock knit in colors inspired by this scene. Can't you?

Every fall, I make sure I make a trip to look at it. I wanted to share it with the world via my blog because very few people get to see this incredible site. Enjoy! This weekend, the leaves are all gone and it is a much more somber looking place.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Thanks for showing me the colors! I miss the bright brillance of fall leaves here in Central Kentucky. The trees color slightly, but nothing like New England or upstate New York.

kate said...

THANKS for showing me! Here in Davis, CA it is still "summer" - not much color and very warm- so pretty! I shared your kids' embroidery book with a friend today- she was very inspired.

Anonymous said...

I drove through NH, MA, and Me this weekend. the colors were gorgeous! I am so glad I had to go watch hockey or else I would ahve missed it!

Anonymous said...

Is this MacLeod Pond in Catamount State Forest? If you have never seen it, I highly recommend a visit. It's in Colrain. Looking forward to seeing you today at the Fiber Twist. Jan Jee Bean with Gorgeous Angora

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying your blog, and have added you to my favorites.

I live in Vermont, and know just what you mean about all the sheer gorgeousness of the season here. I never tire of drinking it all in.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...