Sunday, November 26, 2006


Thanksgiving with the cousins

My nieces and nephews are such fun. There are lots of them and every holiday I enjoy spending time with them – hearing what they are up to in school and after. When the Nicholas cousins get together there is usually some kind of craft or baking activity going on. This Thanksgiving, the girls made placecards for the table. Olivia, who shares my birthday, was the ring-leader, coming armed with paper, scissors and an idea.


She sat there cutting and pasting all these little pieces together to make all of us a pretty little placecard. The rest of the girls chipped in gluing and cutting and printing. The dinner deadline made them extra creative – trading in the intricate turkeys for easier acorns. I saved the cards for next year.



We had a lovely holiday eating and drinking and laughing up a storm. Unfortunately, our yearly hayride got rained out. Last year we had a very memorable hayride through neighboring fields in the snow – it was a picture postcard except The Farmer drove a tractor instead of a team of horses. Our farmhouse is the perfect place for Thanksgiving – it’s cosy and everyone feels close to the real meaning of Thanksgiving – the harvest and giving thanks for friends and family. With animals grazing outside the windows, we all appreciate the source of our food even more.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey kristin, Looks like your thanksgiving was picture perfect, I am adjusting to my new computer,I'm not very good, and it does so much, I tried to e-mail you but it didn't go thru,e-mail me@ lynnyellowbird@verizon.net.Joy

Anonymous said...

great painting on the walls!

Anonymous said...

Your Thanksgiving table looks beautiful! I love the table linens - did you design them yourself?

Anonymous said...

Your dining room is absolutely beautiful. It seems so warm and cozy, and truly perfect for Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful day! Your table was lovely and how nice that the kids had creative moments to share with the family!

Dawn said...

Your place is so lovely...warm..inviting...

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

I would happily put my feet in under your table in that beautiful room. We have your snow, in case you are looking for it!
Love the place cards - such a creative girl!

Anonymous said...

Your house, table setting, everything is absolutely gorgeous. So warm and inviting. I have to know, are the walls are handppainted, or is it wallpaper? It is absolutely exquisite either way, but if it is handpainted I can't even begin to imagine the time it took, and the design and colors are perfect.

Nik said...

I am in love with the colors on the wall. wow.

Anonymous said...

What a fun festive day-The walls are gorgeous!!! Is that wallpaper? I have to know...what's the story? WOW

Anonymous said...

I have coveted that room and its luscious color since its appearance in Country Home. What a magical space for holiday festivities!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your house looks amazing!

caverta online said...

This is wonderful. I like the post that has been shared here. Really great look..

buy kamagra

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...