Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Come See the Sunflowers


Our sunflowers have just begun to bloom. It's been a difficult year to say the least with all the rain, rotting seeds, replanting. We honestly didn't know if we would have any to pick. With any luck, our little self-serve stand should be up and running by Friday afternoon, the 29th of August.

If you saw the article in Country Home and would like to visit and perhaps purchase a few sunflowers, here's the address for you to plug into Mapquest or your GPS system:

562 Leyden Road, Greenfield, MA 01301

We don't live at the field but we're often there harvesting so make sure to say hi if you come from afar.

5 comments:

ellen said...

Oh, do I wish I could. I just love the rich color of that sunflower.

countrychicken said...

Beautiful sunflower. Maybe I can talk my husband into a road trip this weekend - Ohio to Maine to buy sunflowers - Hmmm! I finally got a copy of Country Home - great article - you and your family should be very proud.

Sojourner Design said...

Gorgeous flower, masterful photo!

I grew one sunflower, my first, this summer. I purchased the started plant at the River Valley Market here in Northampton MA. It's been such a treat, and late Tuesday afternoon my husband and I watched as a downy woodpecker hung upside down only yards away, feasting. A bonus!

Diane

mascanlon said...

Oh what a fabulous color! I don't think I can talk my husband into a road trip form California but I would if I could for a bunch of those.

Unknown said...

OOOH I do love sunflowers... I'm front central MA and visit out there to my alma mater x 2 (Umass Amherst). I'll have to keep this in mind...

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...