Friday, April 10, 2009

Holidays Approaching

In a bit of a panic here. I found out last night my mom and sister Lynn are coming to stay for the weekend. The house is in one of those book deadline wrecks – I have no time to pick up – but I’ve got to shovel some stuff upstairs and out the door so that we don’t look like complete slobs. I’ve still got odds and ends of book stuff to do. Starting to feel overwhelming but there is no time for that. I’m also feeling the urge to purge my studio of stuff that is hanging around but that will have to wait a few weeks.

It’s time to put the winter boots away for another year – and boy do we have winter boots. All sizes, all weights, and all caked with manure. I’m stuffing them in a trash bag, putting a twist-tie on them and jamming them in a closet. Can’t wait to open that bag next fall.

I just took the last of the Christmas decorations down. I figured since we’re at the Easter celebration, I probably should stow away the last of the festive, glittery winter decorations. It’s time to look through the windows at some of the lovely color that is starting to happen outdoors.


Not a lot of time to photograph and post for a few days. I’ll leave you with this photo of new yarn colors hatching. It’s a photo I took last spring of Fall 2008’s new Julia colors. Have a great Easter and Passover everyone.

11 comments:

Michele in Maine said...

Yes, I think it's safe to put away the snow shovel and ditch the Christmas wreath. Think I'll keep the snow tires on for a couple more weeks!

Happy Easter!

technikat said...

Oooh! Those yarn balls look soft. Cute pic.

Turtle said...

have a great weekend and easter!

Katrina said...

I realized I still had some Christmas stuff out this week too! Back to the closet it goes.

Happy Easter!

Kathleen C. said...

I saw a photo of this Eric Carle inspired "cake" on someone's blog and I thought of you...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cococake/3380402658/

If Julia needs birthday cake ideas...

Renna said...

Ack! Bless your heart. I can identify with that feeling of panic of knowing guests are on their way and the house is such that I want to close the blinds, lock the door, and hide in the closet! ;-)

I am sure once your guests arrived, you were able to relax and no longer worry about what didn't get done.

Nicole and Andrew said...

nice blog
pitty your in another country i would buy your lambs :o)

Whosyergurl said...

that is so cute "new yarn colors hatching" clever!

hugs, Cheryl in IN
Whosyergurl

Karin said...

That bag of boots made me laugh. :)

I have been known to fill up laundry baskets with stuff to get it out of the way and take them into the basement, only to find them there 8 months later. Hmmm. Why did I think I needed all that in the first place?

But I also have a small idea as to what you are going through with the book....I just took over my son's bedroom, while he's in college. He'll be back for the summer in a month...then what will I do??

mascanlon said...

Hope Easter was a happy family celebration and a "hoppy" one for sweet Julia.

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

The new yarn looks wonderful!
I'm thinking - just thinking mind you - of taking the Easter decorations down...

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...