Thursday, October 29, 2009

Interview with Kristin at Yarn Market News

Back in August the lovely Karin Strom interviewed me for a profile in Yarn Market News, THE magazine for yarn stores in North America. Karin is the Editor of this fine publication and we have actually been friends for probably 20 plus years! Karin and her husband came to visit us this past summer to do research for the piece from the October issue. This article is part of the roll-out for my new book Color By Kristin published by Sixth and Spring. You can read the whole article here if you like.

Don't you love this yarn apple on the cover? Karin and Joe Vior, Soho's Art Director, dream up the best ideas - turning yarn into art. I wish they had some kind of archive of all the covers to use as down-loadable wallpaper for my computer.

If you want to see a different kind of preview from Color by Kristin, check this out. It's been viewed over 4000 times! Wow.

I've got some big news I'll be announcing on Friday or Saturday. Stop back soon.

4 comments:

Debra in Seattle said...

The yarn apple is really quite lovely. I am so looking forward to receiving your new book. I ordered it from you last week and get excited each day thinking it might be here. It is fun to anticipate something wonderful arriving in the mail! I have projects lined up for Holiday knitting but have decided 2010 will be my year of color and your book will be my guide in the journey.

Turtle said...

love the apple yarn pic! the colors and textures are so vibrant! I so am planning to order your new book. I admit i have all your past books here right now going through them, i always check out books from the library before purchasing when i do not get a chance to have hands on at the store. Loving them!

Johanna G. (Germany) said...

yes, that apple looks delicious. I read your interview, and some lines reminded me strongly of myself. well, I'm 26 now, still studying (and having two kids), but my driving wheel is creativity. Lately, I was asked for my idols, and I named you, as you live a life that is joining so many ways of creativity and arts with family and rural life...and I don't care about householding either. To say, that's the part of life that's most difficult to me.
I received your book last week, and I love it! so, keep going, you're really inspiring!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to buy my copy of "Color By Kristin". I think my local book shop will get it in stock soon.

Also, thank you for the wonderful "Creative Embroidery for Knits" class at Stitches East this Fall. I just loved it, and I've been using my newfound stitch knowledge ever since. Thanks for such an inspiring morning, Kristin!

Your fan, Heather

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...