Thursday, March 04, 2010

Out-Takes of Sheep in Sweaters and More

Just want to let you all know that the Sheep in Sweaters Cards are back in stock. You can order them on my website here. I'll be working on the back-orders this weekend.

Like I said before, getting the 4 photos that I deemed printable was a long challenging process. Although I have deleted most of the rejects because they take up so much space on my hard-drive, I did find these few that I thought I would share with you today.


Don't these two look like they are having a conversation? I'm thinking it goes something like this?

Black Lamb: "Who made your sweater?"
White Lamb: "The woman over there with the big black thing she is pointing at us?"
Black Lamb: "Oh yeah, me too? I think she has lost it. What about you?"
White Lamb: "Definitely. I hope spring comes soon so I can take this thing off."


Here's Number 10 modeling the little striped sweater. Sort of puts the whole thing into silly perspective, don't you think?


Has anyone finished The Dog in Sheep's Clothing Sweater yet for their 4 footed friend? If you send me a 72 dpi photo, I would love to post it here on the blog. I'll give you credit, of course.

For those wanting to knit their pooch a sweater, here's the link to purchase the PDF downloadable pattern.

The Giveaway for Gail's book "Hand Dyeing Yarn and Fleece" ends today at 3 p.m. so if you haven't had a chance to sign up,
click on this link.

This Friday (as in tomorrow!) I'll be at RJ Julia in Madison CT for a talk called "The Joy of Color". You can check
that out here. Guess what I'll be doing tonight? Hope to see some of you there.

I'll be back later on today with the name of the winner of Gail's book!

13 comments:

Sara said...

Love the pictures!

For the first time I have a dog that is small enough to wear a sweater. I may have to do it. ;)

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Oh, they are so sweet! I just got my packet of postcards and just LOVE them.
Wish my dog was small enough for a sweater - he's a giant Lab - it'd be like knitting a sweater for a human!

Jody Meese said...

These are just as adorable as the ones that made the cut! Thanks for sharing.

Laurie said...

I think the caption to #10 should be, "For the sheep who doesn't run with the flock..." Would like to make a sweater for my dog, but don't know how that would work since he wears a harness. Hmmm...maybe whip up a couple for the cute little bichons who live behind us.

Stefanie said...

How do your sheep react when you put on the sweaters on them?
Your colorwork looks awesome against their wool.

mitchowl said...

I'm knitting away. I should have my sweater done soon so I can send a photo of my little poochie wearing the latest and greatest thing to come along in a while. *grin* Thanks for the fun project.

Carol said...

I'd love to see a postcard using your sheep and Franklin Habit's words saying 'It itches'. lol

RMK said...

#10 - Dare to be different!

knitterbeader said...

Received your postcards (the variety pack) and just love them. They make good conversation at my knitting meet-up group. Great work.

Unknown said...

OMG LOVE IT!

SO cute!

meredith cheng - munaluna said...

I didn't think lambs could be any cuter on their own - but with sweaters?! ADORABLE!!

Stitching At Stone Cottage said...

i came accross you blog by accident...i think this post is soo funny...can i ask how many sheep you have...
i live on a sheep farm in southern western australia, we have 14,000 sheep of which most ewes and prgnant at the moment... can you imagine if could knit a jumper for each of their lambs... wouldnt that look fabulous in the paddocks!!

Unknown said...

These sheep look so adorable in their sweaters! What a cute idea.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...