Friday, August 20, 2010

Student Project - Debi

This is the fourth or fifth class Debi has taken from me this year. She is a passionate knitter, very precise and totally in love with her craft. She also has a passion for antiques. Over the past few months I have watched Debi grow in her knitting skills. It has been a pleasure to help her gain more confidence.

Debi arrived with a massive collection of handknit and felted flowers and a henna colored Julia pillow top.


While she was here at the farm I wanted to make sure she also stretched her skills and learned to think on her own. She loves to follow directions but I wanted to see if I could get her to break free of it. She was inspired by a little geranium flower and knit up a single petal which I unfortunately don't have a photo of. She wrote down the directions as she went along and will hopefully finish it up sometime soon.
Debi's goal was to actually finish something and although she didn't finish her pillow top she was way on her way to completion. Here is how we laid out her flowers.

It is going to be a beautiful project to have in her home. Thanks for coming Debi! I'm sure I will see you again.


There is still one more space available in the October 2/3 Class at the Farm. You can check it out here.

No comments:

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...