Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fall Brings New Julia Yarns Colors 2010

Fall Knitting Season is certainly underway throughout the Northern Hemisphere! Yarn stores are busy with knitters looking for new projects and all the Fall knitting magazines are chockfull of great new projects to stimulate us all. Here at the farm, I can feel fall coming. The nights are getting cooler and the leaves on our hill are starting to turn towards olive, gold and orange. I love fall for its fabulous color and crisp weather. The sun is lower in the sky and it gives colors a magical glow - even weeds.

Apple season begins and it will soon be time to make some cider and my favorite apple crisp. Our old abandoned apple orchard is literally full of millions of apples. It has reverted to an every other year bearing cycle and this is the year! The sheep love to eat the apples when they fall but we've got to watch them so they don't get bellyaches. Those of you who are coming to the October 2/3 Get Stitched on the Farm Class will have a chance to actually make and drink fresh cider using an old-fashioned cider press!


I also love fall because I can feel the knitting coming on. During the summer farming months, we get in the house so late from Farmers Markets, the sunflower field, the sheep or the garden. Most nights we don't eat until after 9. I know, unhealthy - but that's just the way it is. As the days become shorter there are less hours to be outside. The days become a little less hectic and it is time for me to knit again next to the woodstove.

Fall also means the arrival of new colors of favorite yarns. The new colors of my Julia Yarn are arriving at your local yarn store! This year I was inspired by fresh green grass.....


Grape hyacinth flowers......


The tiny buds of a weeping cherry tree......


And lastly, a beautiful turquoise glazed pot......


Here are the new shades of Julia along with the numbers.


Check them out at your local yarn store or if your local yarn store doesn't stock Julia check it out on-line here, here, and here. I myself am looking forward to a great time trying the shades out and seeing what new designs I can knit up in Fair Isle this coming knitting season.

1 comment:

Missouri Gal said...

I love fall too. Love the photos as always!

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...