Wednesday, October 06, 2010

October 2010 Get Stitched on the Farm Weekend Class Wrap-Up

The last "Get Stitched on the Farm" Weekend Class of 2010 happened this past weekend. We had a wonderful group of five knitters from Virginia, Minnesota, Arizona, and Boston. These women were so eager to learn from me and absorb as much as they could. I gave them all I could and was plum exhausted for two days! I'm hoping they were exhausted too. I don't have too many photos to show because I totally spaced out taking them - I was so involved in teaching and sharing.

Here we are on our Farm Tour first thing in the morning on Saturday. The Farmer is getting better and better at explaining how and why he farms the way he does. The dogs got into the act by herding the sheep into a second field. Our visitors even helped to set up the fence.


Everyone always loves to watch the dogs work!

After the sheep I shared the rest of the farm - the gardens, the chickens, the farmhouse.


Then we went to work in the studio. This space is so great for a class like this!


All during the weekend, there was lots of amazing food prepared by my friends Linda Pratt and Cathy Payson. I am so, so, so lucky to have such great and talented friends!


The highlight of my weekend is always the hayride. Here are scenes from late Saturday afternoon's trip around our world.


The days are much shorter now so we had to leave earlier in the afternoon in order to get to see everything.


The view from the top of the hill.


Whizzing by some bales of hay.


Lovely late afternoon early October color.


On the way back to the farmhouse, we stopped to watch the dogs move the ewes around the field they were grazing.


It was once again a lovely weekend. Every group of knitters I have had have been warm, interested, extremely talented people. It is a pleasure for us to open up our home and share it with them. I'm pretty sure they left knowing more about living on a working sheep farm. I know they left with lots of new knitting knowledge to work on through the winter. Thanks for coming and traveling so far Meg, Elizabeth, Judy, Pam, and Robin!

2 comments:

mommarocks said...

ahhh, I am so jealous. I wish I could've gone to your class and I hope one day I can live just like you do. Wow - that view from the top of the hill! You're so lucky.

Missouri Gal said...

Wow, looks very inviting! Wish I lived closer...as always!

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...