Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Loving the Studio Space and a New Winner!

It is finally getting cold here in western Massachusetts. We had our first really hard frost and everything was coated with ice outside this morning. Must find the mittens and hats! I'm busy right now working on some new projects that I will announce here on the blog in a couple of weeks. And best of all, I have been using my new studio space and totally loving it. The light is beautiful. It is a great spot for photography. Best of all, I can keep things set up and noone will bother them! It is such a huge luxury and makes working with messy things like paint much easier. I keep pinching myself!

One more addition to the studio which I couldn't live without now is a heat source. I took the recommendation of someone who does heating installation for a living and purchased a Monitor Heater. It is one of those "on demand" units where you hit a few buttons and it turns on. It is fueled by propane so I had to have someone add an extra propane tank and there were certain regulations that had to be followed. I turned it on finally last week and it works great. The room is heated in a matter of minutes. I also had a ceiling fan put in so that it would circulate the heat. We'll see how it does this winter in the sheer freezing weather but so far, so good.


The winner of October Giveaway #4 is...... Karen V. She wrote:
"Kristin, I have been reading your blog for quite awhile and feel especially compelled to comment, not only for the great giveaway, but to say that your Gram and my Dad share the same birthday, he would have been 92 today. He was a great inspiration to me and will always be a hero in my book! I am a novice knitter, so my experience is limited, but most of the free patterns I have tried have been accurate. I rely on magazines, blogs and Ravelry for obtaining most of my patterns. With so much available on the Internet now, I don't visit my LYS as much as I used to. Thanks for keeping me inspired with your blog, photographs and beautiful knitting!"

I want to thank you all for entering and writing so eloquently about how, why, and where you purchase knitting patterns and books. It has given me insight into how my readers think, purchase and feel about patterns. I hope to use it to continue to develop new products.

I've got one more incredibly awesome giveaway coming up in a few days. Check back. You won't want to miss this one!

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Wow, it looks fabulous!

Mereknits said...

Love the space, I wish I had space like that, too. I bet your creative juices are flowing fast. Have a wonderful day, Meredith

Sarah said...

What a lovely room of your own.....with heat!

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...