Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Summer Lunch

Do you know the girls at The Canal House? Christopher Hirsheimer and Melissa Hamilton are photographers, stylists, cook book authors and generally very talented women. (NYT article here - that's how I found them.) And they have an inspiring blog called "Canal House Cooks Lunch." I get a daily feed by email (sign up on their blog). It's food eye candy for sure but sometimes gives me dinner inspiration as I tend to eat leftover dinner for lunch or something lurking in the fridge that is easy. 


The other day, when I had my camera set up on a tripod for something else, I warmed up some leftover newly dug potatoes and mixed in some of the Mint Pesto (the recipe I featured the other day on our Lamb Chops). I feasted on little orange and purple tomatoes The Farmer brought me from his friends at the Tuesday Noho Market and potatoes and couldn't have been happier or more satisfied. Super simple and really yummy!

No comments:

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...