Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Crafty Friday After Thanksgiving + Sunflowers and Zinnias to Knit and Felt - A New PDF Download Pattern

It's Crafty Friday for our family - a perfect way to spend the day after Thanksgiving. Julia and I are off to my sister Nancy's to spend it with cousins, sisters and Mom. We'll be working on getting rid of all that turkey, stuffing, and the leftover desserts. I'm hoping that a nice little walk on their country road will also happen.

It's also launch day is here for my new Sunflowers and Zinnias to Knit and Felt! And just in time for Christmas knitting! Read all about the pattern here on my website.

Grab some wool yarn that felts and some #9 needles. (I used my Julia Yarn which is still available at Webs here. There are still some beautiful flower colors left.) Buy the PDF Instant Download Pattern on my online store or over on Ravelry.

That's it - all you need for gazillions of Christmas Gifts. The pattern is 22 pages long and full of ideas for how to use the flowers and 50 photos and costs $6.00. They are easy to knit in garter stitch. The shaping happens with short rows. Seriously addicting fun gift knitting!

I'll leave you with a photo collage of Celia wearing the flowers. The hat is my Quarters Cap sized for babies and adults also available in my shop or on Ravelry for $4.50 (another seriously addicting pattern). Have a great weekend everyone!


1 comment:

evie said...

Hi Kristen,
I was eagerly waiting for you to post the pattern. I've been knitting flowers all weekend, using up leftover yarn balls. I found that I can even use the moth damaged alpaca since it's going to get felted. Makes me feel not quite so bad about leaving it out unprotected. I'll need to go to a laundromat to felt them as my front loader with only a cold water hookup isn't going to accomplish much.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...