Friday, February 03, 2012

Quarters Big Game Countdown #4

It's been a busy week here on chez farm blog, hasn't it? We're one day away from the big game and I'm still talking about my Quarters Caps. I'm so happy to be helping Halos of Hope with donations for some of the shipping costs they have for their project. Shipping, mailing, delivering - those are the costs that really add up and sometimes whoever has the bright idea to do something good, doesn't think as far as the delivery of said good deed. Think about all the people who volunteer for Meals on Wheels, delivering food to those who can't get out. They all donate their time and their gas to help those who can't really get out to keep their households running. There are so many good people in the world who go unannounced, un-noticed but who really don't care - they just help others. So it is nice for me (and us) to help in this small way.

We've got one more day for the profits to compound and then I can send your kind money to Halos of Hope. Here are a couple more photos of Quarters Caps. First off is my niece Celia modeling what I call a very berry Quarters Cap. Love the shades in the cap and the lovely autumn colors of the forest behind. Celia's Zinnia Pin is from my Sunflowers and Zinnias to Knit and Felt which is available on my website.


And now these silly photos of Julia and her good friends Matt and Bridget. Boy, have they all grown older and changed in their looks. Sweet, sweet kids. Matt was imitating a favorite kids's book "Caps for Sale" by Esphyr Slobodkina. I love that story, the illustrations, the cadence of the words. And the colors in this photo remind me of the colors in that book. You can read a little more about Esphyr here.   


You can purchase my Quarters Cap pattern on my website here or on Ravelry here. Until the Big Game is over on Sunday, I'll be donating 20% of the profits to Halos for Hope. Check out the Halos For Hope site here. If you don't need the pattern, you can always donate some spare change here on their Donation page.

3 comments:

Candylei said...

Just darling pictures. Super cute one of Matt and three caps!! ;-)

Auntie Shan said...

I saw this Article today and thought of You! ;-D

http://news.ca.msn.com/world/sheep-herding-swedish-bunny-becomes-online-hit-1


Something to try out I suppose in the unlikely event that the new Puppy doesn't work out...

Unknown said...

I like the Quarter Cap, too. I'm going to get the pattern and make it!

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...