Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Boston This Weekend. New Podcast. Little Lambs....


As you can see from the photo above, the pastures are starting to green up here in western Massachusetts. We have 13 little lambs running around in the front field. Every morning, we can hear their sweet little baaaahs. Daffodils are blooming but last night it was in the 20's. Hope the blooms survived! Chilly but better than 80's last week.

This coming Saturday I'll be teaching at JP Knit and Stitch in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts - a class on Embroidery on Knits and a Colorful Edgings class. There are still spaces available in both classes - check it out here or call 617-942-2118. If you are local-ish to JP, it's a great opportunity to add some new tricks to your knitting. It will be a really fun day. My classes and talk on Friday evening ($5) are part of their Anniversary Party. JP Knit and Stitch is owned by a mother/daughter team. The motto is "A Yarn & Fabric Store with a Community Soul." I love this! Gorgeous yarn and fabric all in one bright and sunny space! So looking forward to it. Hope to see some of you there.

 If you want something to listen to while you are clicking the needles, check out the new podcast over at Math4Knitters. I was Lara Neel's featured guest. I wasn't aware of Lara and her great podcast so before we taped, I listened in to many of her interviews with famous knitters including Sally Melville, Meg Swansen and more. (The podcasts are not all archived on the site I linked to but I think you can find many of them on iTunes.) Lara works for a newspaper called The Journal Gazette in Indiana. How lucky is she to have knit podcasting be part of her day job! Thanks Lara for the invite.


If you are looking for a quick little gift to make for Easter favors, check out my pattern for Olympia's Knit, Crochet, and Felted Flowers. It's available on my website or on Ravelry here and includes 17 different patterns and variations.


Or click here....


On Friday, I went to an awesome meeting here in Greenfield, MA on Friday called "The Creative Economy Summit." The keynote was given by Peter Kageyama - what an uplifting and inspiring speaker. I'll try to write about it if I can find a moment but for anyone interested, here's a blog post by another attendee who I met on Friday.

No comments:

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...