Sunday, June 24, 2012

Color by Kristin - My New Yarn!

I promised you all some really big news. Here it is!

My yarn is back!

How cool is that? You can read all about it on my newsletter here. I'll share some more about how this all happened here on the blog in the next week. Suffice it to say, I am over the moon to be able to knit and design with this beautiful blend of 50% wool, 25% alpaca, and 25% mohair. The yarn is now called Color by Kristin and it is being distributed by Classic Elite Yarns. If you don't know this already, I worked for Classic Elite Yarns for sixteen years as the Creative Director. It is nice to be back with them. I value the great relationship they have with local yarn stores and the trust they put in me. Here's hoping your local yarn store is buying some Color by Kristin at TNNA this weekend or through their local sales representative.

Hope on over to the newsletter for the back-story. If you want to sign up for the newsletter, you can sign up on the top right of this page or on the top of the link.

Here's a sneak peek from the Classic Elite Yarns booth display from the trade show. I'll share some more photos tomorrow. (Thanks to Meg from CEY for snapping and sending the photos!)


p.s. If you signed up for the newsletter AFTER I formatted it, you didn't receive it. Sorry about that. I use MailChimp and that is the way it works. Don't worry - you will get the next newsletter unless for some reason, you typed your email in wrong. And you can always un-subscribe from it.

20 comments:

Deborah Newton said...

Hurray!!!

atexasgirl said...

Oh, wonderful--for you and for us! I love the CEY graphic at the end of the newsletter announcement.

Sally said...

Well. Done. YOU! So excited! I know my LYS friend is at TNNA. I hope she's ordering tons of Color by Kristin! xoxo
P.S. LOVE your knitty sheep!

Anonymous said...

This is good news!!!!

Claire said...

Will you have a UK supplier?

Anonymous said...

Love the scarf ... Pattern?

Janette said...

Congratulations. Looks wonderful.

Kit Mitchell said...

Kristin,
So happy to hear that your yarn is back and to be part of the Classic Elite family is wonderful! It is lovely to knit and you have a fantastic color palette.
Cheers to you!
Kit

penny said...

Congrats!

Rose said...

Great! I will be on the lookout for it!

Manise said...

Congratulations and getting your line of yarn back again! Hopefully the colors will be the same as before to round out my healthy collection of Julia that was acquired when it was dropped last fall. Looking forward to seeing the colors and the new patterns supporting it.

nancy said...

Congrats to you! Wonderful news for all of us!

Elaine said...

Yaay!! I look forward to seeing the yarn in person at a LYS. Congratulations again!!!

Adaliza said...

Wonderful, wonderful news - I SOoooooo love Julia and have been hoarding the last of my balls to save them or something amazingly special. Now, all I have to do is wait for my friend to visit from NY, so I can send my order to her! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Great news! I love the sweaters in the booth display, too.
-- stashdragon

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to ask you: where are the sweater patterns (from the booth display) published?
-- stashdragon

Cheryl said...

Wonderful news. I was so delighted to carry your yarn in its entire yummy palette when I had my shop. I hope they will pick it up now that it's with CE!

beth said...

Congratulations, Kristin. So glad to hear this and looking forward to seeing this wonderful yarn!

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Fabbo. Well done you.
Loani

Michelle said...

This is thrilling! Congratulations to you. The Yarn Formerly Known as Julia is marvelous. I've been irrationally hoarding it, couldn't bear to use it up. What a treat to start knitting with it again. What a pleasure to be able to look forward to more.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...