Thursday, July 12, 2012

Petunia's Six Kitties


Petunia (we call her Tuni) has been such a great mom. This is her first time and what a challenge she has had to care for six kittens. We have been amazed at what a good mama she has been although not surprised. Tuni comes from great farm cat stock and all her babies will be great hunters.


Her litter is rather colorful - two all black kittens, one black with the cutest bit of white on her face and belly, one gray tiger with white feet and white on his face and one all gray tiger, and lastly a beautiful calico. I think they will all be medium length hair although it is difficult to tell right now.


We are keeping the sweet little calico which Julia has named Delilah. Two others are already spoke for - one of the women coming for the End of July Retreat is taking a pair home with her to Maryland. How nice that they will be in a knitter's home. 


Stay cool everyone. It's going to be a scorcher here this weekend!

9 comments:

Norma from Misty Haven Alpacas said...

Cute kitties. Funny that comment "How nice that they will be in a knitter's home." ;)
N

Unknown said...

I love these fluffy little creatures!

Elaine said...

Sweet little fuzzybutts!!

Diane said...

They are so precious! So true what you said about farm cats being good hunters..my dear Calamity who I lost last month was a farm boy and he brought me lots of dead rat offerings here in the suburbs! My other "city kitty" only brings me dead lizards!

Z said...

She seems quietly overwhelmed.

What's the dad look like?

Tricia H said...

Did you know that Calicos are supposed to be good luck? AND they are thought be bring VERY good luck to those close to them! I hope Julia enjoys her! I loved my own good-luck Calico for 17 years!

Kathy at Knitting Off The Grid said...

They are just darling!

Lyn said...

oh they are all gorgeous!!!!
xxx

kathy b said...

Great images. Our foster PIPPA grew 6 healthy kittens last summer. All British names. WE kept Beatles. She was a mean cat, but a devoted mom. She ate about 6 cans of kitten food a day to keep up with the growing kittens milk needs.
THe calico is adorable. I love a black cat though

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...