Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Sister Laurie's Tweed Bag

Julia and I spent a few days last week visiting my sister Laurie and her family in eastern Massachusetts before she had to start summer school. I found a bag I made Laurie for her birthday this past winter that I was in such a panic to finish that I never snapped a photo of it. I used a piece of Harris Tweed Wool from my stash to sew the bag. It is lined with a gorgeous quilting fabric which I forgot to snap a photo of this time. Before putting the lining in I handsewed (with sewing thread) a few of my Felted and Embroidered Zinnias from my PDF pattern onto the bag. She loves it. 


I added different colors of french knots at the point where the center joined the petals. They give great texture and make the flowers more playful.

 This is a great pattern for summer knitting. Not too much knit fabric to make you hot and sweaty! I think they would even work on the beach. Sunflowers and Zinnias to Knit and Felt. Available for $6 on my website here. or on Ravelry here.

Check out Tanis Gray's sweet little 4th of July/nautically themed top-down cotton pullover she just knit for her son. It is available as a free pattern on her website. My how her son is growing.

Pop back in tomorrow for a great post! Wait til you see! I'll put it up for early morning in case you are going away for the day.


Auntie Shan said...

One can *never* go wrong with a Harris Tweed!!

BTW, how are things "on The Farm"? - I noticed the other day on our "airport radar" - [a great website for seeing approaching weather] - that there was some nasty storms in Your Area..? Hope you didn't have any power losses.

Anyway, HAPPY 4TH!! Stay COOL!!

Turtle said...

how sweet!

corazon said...

Love this bag. If I find some Tweed, I'll try to make me a bag.