Friday, November 09, 2012

Colors + Links for The Weekend

Oh, I am so missing the flowers from my garden! I usually don't buy flowers all winter long because I find the selections so fake (even if they are real). 

 

Things are pretty crazy busy for me here at the farm and studio. I've got a big week coming up next week that I can't wait to share with you all soon. Last night I taught a class at Webs on my "Sebastian Cabled Gloves" and it was quite fun. Lovely industrious fun knitters. They've got a big weekend there with Franklin Habit and Carol Sucolski with her new book Sock Yarn Studio visiting. I wish I could get there but I fear my time has to be spent here working and readying for next week so I will sadly miss them.

I am sensing the ramp-up to holiday knitting. May I suggest some of my newish patterns like my "Felted Pen and Pencil Cosies". Quick to make and perfect for teachers, kids, yarn store owners. I've been hearing from knitters who have been churning them out. Fun and only $3.50. Here's the link to my shop where you will find them with my other patterns. Also available on Ravelry here.


And my "Kristin's Creative Christmas Stockings." Six different versions in 4 different sizes plus lots of custom features for you to explore. A super fun pattern for all skill levels from easy stripes and solids to Fair Isles and Embroidery! A bargain at $10. In my shop here or on Ravelry here.


I'll share a couple of nice links with you today. Have you seen the Wovember blog? It celebrates wool and wool growers, mostly in the UK. Pretty pics and interesting articles. You can sign up for automatic emails of posts too. Check it out here.

My friend Photographer Sarah Zimmerman posted some beautiful photos she took of Archie and Winston, our Great Pyrenees Guard Dogs when she was here at the farm this August. Just looking at them HERE made me cry. Love the one of our giant cat Vera sleeping in the box. Sarah specializes in Portraits and Weddings and lives in PA. She travels the PA, NY, NJ area so if you need a photographer, check out her site

This recipe for Farinita from Margaret Roach combining polenta and kale sounds delish. Must try it this weekend as I have a bumper crop of Lacinato Kale still hanging on in the garden.

Have a great weekend everyone!  



3 comments:

Elaine said...

The dog pictures are great memories. Perhaps Winston can get a new friend. There are Great Pyres Rescue groups. Maybe a new one could learn from Winston? Anyway, I started hearing about Wovember last year and find it fascinating. What a good read! Love thise Wensleydale Coloured Longwools.

Judy said...

I saw Mia in one of those pictures! I finished and have worn my gloves. They are nice and warm. Reading about Archie made me so sad but thank you for your generous sharing with your readers.

Anonymous said...

I do love the creative Christmas stockings. I will have a look at my stash - I think I will beginn right a way. Have a great Sunday...

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...