Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Unpredictable Spring

All over the news, I keep hearing what an unseasonal spring it is. Today it didn't get much past freezing here. The kitties are still wondering why it is so cold out. Every day, one or two of them are laying in the daybed window sunning themselves. I assume they are dreaming of spring!


Julia is back from my mom's and back at school. She had a great vacation - I am so glad for her. Last weekend, I drove to eastern Massachusetts and stayed an evening at my sister's Laurie's with Julia and Mom. After the unsettling week that was last week, I really needed to see my family and hug them. Laurie doesn't live far from where everything went down last Friday. Her daughter goes to school in Watertown. It was all a little too close for comfort.

The people at Webs are donating 5% of their gross sales this week to the Boston One Fund. How generous.

I've picked the winner of the Susan Anderson Topsy Turvy Book and contacted her. What a great contest everyone! Thanks so much for entering! Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I am DELIGHTED to win Susan's book! Thanks so much for hosting the giveaway!

Debbie

Louise CF said...

What cute little yum yums. Debbie congratulations on winning Susan's book!

Dianne@sheepdreams said...

Congratulations to the winner. It's such a sweet book, full of fun toys. Spring has been weird here - even by Kentucky's standards. Cold and rainy, then a few days of unseasonably warm weather, then back to cold and rain. We are finally getting green grass, but everything is weeks behind schedule. Hope warm weather arrives for you soon.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...