Friday, August 23, 2013

Fixing with Sugru + Our Farmhouse in Country Decorating


Going to the bookstore over the weekend? Check out our home in the new mag Country Decorating. It's on page 38. This is not a subscription mag - only available on newstands. Thanks to Gridley and Graves for the beautiful photos. 


I've written about Sugru before. Love this product. I love that I can fix stuff myself around the house without having to pay anyone. It is really easy to do - kind of like playing with kids clay. The individual packs are very small - sometimes I have to use 2 packs to fix things. The Sugru website is chock full of creative ideas for fixing stuff!



The other day, I fixed my broken lamp that I use to sew by when the neck broke. Much easier to see now. I've also fixed other lamps and turn to Sugru often for all kinds of home repair. You can't buy Sugru at stores - only on-line. I think it would make an awesome wedding shower gift, Christmas gift or even housewarming gift for new homeowners. 


Broken lamp
You can watch an interview with Jane ni Dhulchaointigh - the inventor of Sugru here. She explains how she developed Sugru and the process of bringing it to market. Fascinating interview. Here's my fixed lamp.



If you are visiting your local farmers market, pick up an eggplant of two and make some Lamb, Tomato, and Eggplant Stacks. Easy and quick. Check out the recipe here on our Leyden Glen Lamb Website.  Love me an eggplant. Have a great weekend everyone!



4 comments:

Auntie Shan said...

*WOOHOO*!! :-D
I'll keep an eye out for the MAG!

Robin said...

I will have to try and find that magazine.

Also, I just bought some sugru for my hubby as a surprise gift. He will love it! Who says romance is dead?

Susanne said...

That is interesting stuff. Think you need to fix your header that says fixing stIff instead of fixing stUff....ooops!

Kathy said...

When I first started reading your blog, I was a 'plain Jane'. All our walls are cream or tan, solid colors that 'match' and are, well, really sort of blah... I looked at your way of using color and thought WOW! What a mish mash! THEN, I looked more, read more, knitted more, looked more...and I am hooked! I can't wait to start a make over a room or two. Starting with my sewing room, and then the guest room, to ease my husband into the 'color shock'. Then, hopefully, the kitchen...a little bit at a time, you know? Starting with using your yarn and your patterns, I've really grown in using color. Now, I have the issue of Country Decorating...it caught my eye that they did your article, with all the color and then the next page is blah........Thank you for sharing your ideas and talents. I hope to fill my world with color and joy soon!

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...