Friday, December 13, 2013

What I'm Making with the Pom Poms and a Fun DIY Snowflake Link

Let's start with the most important thing - a kitten picture. This is Babe with Big Boy Charlie behind him. Babe moved to a new home. Miss him terribly.




Here's a sneak peek of some things I have been making with my pom poms. 


I made a couple of my favorite Quarters Caps for little friends. This time I have added pom poms to the tops. Here's what they look like before seaming. All easy garter stitch with short rows for the shaping. Very addicting pattern.

 

Even the pros sometimes goof up. The Quarters Cap is made with short rows. For some reason one of my sections got a bit loose. You can see that below.

 

I used a double strand of Color By Kristin and added a whipstitch - voila. You cannot tell.


You can buy my Quarters Cap pattern which is sized for from babies to adults here.  Or on Ravelry here. You do not need to be a Ravelry member. Here's what it looks like when done.



Beauty shot of pom pom. 




I've also been making these pins made of pom poms and felted wool. I've been selling them at the Farmer's Market before the holidays. More on that next week.

 

My friend Emily sent me this link to SnowDay. It is a site that lets you make digital snowflakes. Very cool. You can print them out too. Check it out although you will need Flash. 

Making these World Peace Chocolate Cookies this weekend. Yummy.

Did you know it has been Sheep Week on the Modern Farmer blog? Check it out here, including an interview with That Wool Knitter Girl Clara Parkes here

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be here in the morning with another post. Stop back Saturday a.m.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I think the stitching on that hat looks great, nice touch!

Auntie Shan said...

..really..? It almost looks like you might have dropped some stitches..? Next time, you'll just have to squeeze in some teeny-poms to fill in the holes! ;-D

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...