Friday, July 25, 2014

Sunflowers and Checks - New Fabric Design on Spoonflower + Printing Fabric Class

 

Popping in to share a new fabric design I have just made for sale on my Spoonflower shop. It is called Sunflowers and Checks and it is a large scale pattern available in 4 colorways.



I have printed it myself for our summer table as you can see below.


Last weekend, the students at the class were curious about how Spoonflower works. Here's how it goes. 
1. I design the fabric, using drawings, hand-painting techniques, and my computer.
2. I upload the design to Spoonflower in as many color combinations as I have the time for. 
3. You go to the Shop Section on my Spoonflower shop and purchase the fabric.
4. You can choose from among 10 different fabrics, including combed cotton, Kona cotton, cotton poplin, silks, and my favorite linen/cotton canvas which works great for tablecoverings.

Spoonflower pricing is actually quite reasonable for what you are ordering - short run designer fabric. If you are looking for a bargain - that is not what they are selling. This is limited run fabrics printed only for you. It is an incredible concept and product.

I am so happy to be able to sell my fabric designs to you via Spoonflower. Chances of me being picked up as a fabric designer are slim so now I can do it myself.

Speaking of printing fabric - I have a Simple Fabric Printing Class here at the Farm on August 16. Check it out here. 

This is what you will make, design and print with. 


You will learn about designing fabric, working with color, using fabric paints, and more. You will make something similar to this. 


It will be a super fun way to spend a summer day with me and other like minded individuals here at our farm. Hope to see you here.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Looks absolutely amazing. Can I persuade you to bring it to the UK? :)

LannieK said...

How cool is that! And I love your sunflowers - the table cloth came out beautiful :-)

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...