Sunday, June 07, 2015

Spring Rains, Sheep Grazing, + Garden Grows


We got some much needed rain this week. I took these photos of the ewes grazing in the rain in one of the pastures they are working on. Such a moody day with glorious pouring down rain.






Now that the rain has come, it has enriched everything, plants are growing like crazy. GO GO GO! GROW GROW GROW! Such gorgeousness! (We still need more rain but at least we got some.) 

This is one of my favorite combos in my garden - lady's mantle and lambs' ear. All that texture - gorgeous. 




The hens and chicks are sprouting blooms. 




The peonies have begun too! 



The sage overwintered and is blooming like nuts! 



I think the Feverfew will be out by the end of the week. It is going to be a great season for feverfew. 


This weekend the folks at Craftsy are holding a Flash Sale with all classes on sale. Use this link to get a discount on any Craftsy class you want. (I will earn a small commission by you using my link - thank you!) Flash Sale goes to the end of the day Sunday. 

http://www.craftsy.com/ext/KristinNicholas_holiday


Hope you all are having a great weekend. 

3 comments:

Auntie Shan said...

Our lilacs have pretty much come and almost gone... :-[ Wish they'd stay longer. But the irises are out now! :-D
And to think, where they are growing was under 4 feet of hard-packed ice and yucky snow!

Michele in Maine said...

Orange poppies and purple lupine are just starting to come out in Maine! My favorites!

Adaliza said...

I have Lady's Mantle and Lambs' Ears together too - such a contrast of colours that somehow really works - and peonies - I just love them. Mum always used to say that as soon as the peonies bloom, we'll have winds and this year yet again, it's true. My roses are giving me more pleasure than ever this year - they're thriving as they have light coming through instead of all that overgrown jungle from the past few years. Gardens are wonderful ...

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...