Thursday, July 14, 2016

Looking Forward to the Weekend

I'm getting ready for the arrival of the first set of students for the 2016 Creative Retreat Series here at our farm this weekend. I have a full house of 6 students. They will be learning Fabric Printing and Lampshade Painting. It promises to be a creative time and lots of fun for all of us. 

Besides cleaning the house, I've been working on a few creative pursuits. I've been doing some linoleum block printing which has been lots of fun. The projects will be featured in my book. 



I also have continued to work on the two "She Sheds" to get them ready for the upcoming photos. I have been trying to decide what kind of lighting I want in the pottery throwing studio. I only have one overhead outlet. I purchased the same lamp I have in my other studio. It is from Home Depot and to me it looks like an old factory style light that we used to have in the textile mill I worked in way back when. 




Today I worked a little magic on it and it looks like this now. 



Can't wait til I can get my fantastic electrician Dave to install it for me. 

I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll try to post some photos of my students working on Instagram if I remember.  

BTW - I still have some openings in both the July 30/31 Retreat (Fabric Printing + Embroidery) and the Sept 24/25 (Color, Embroidery for Knitters and Crocheters). Check out all the information HERE

How is your summer going? I hope you are finding time to do something creative. I'm intrigued by this new class that just came out on Creativebug with Flora Bowley. Nan, one of my students who came to the farm last year raved about Flora's on-line classes

Speaking of painting, these paintings are really gorgeous. 

3 comments:

Auntie Shan said...

Actually, you probably should've brought home a few of those old lamps from the mill! The "Industrial"-Look is still big. And *GENUINE*-factory/mill pieces fetch a goodly amount!

Anyhoo, *GOOD LUCK* with the "WEEKEND"!! HOPE your weather cooperates!

*HUGS*!
:-D

Auntie Shan said...

I remember doing lino carving in Grade-9 art class... I rather enjoyed the carving part! However, I haven't had a chance to get back to it since. [40+ years!!] I miss it actually...

Marlaine said...

Beautiful work by your students! One of these days the forces will conspire and I'll be able to get to one of your classes. They look like lots of fun!

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...