Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Brimfield Sightings and Best of Flea Market Style Feature

A couple weeks ago, I went to the Brimfield Flea Market which is only about an hour from our farm. I have been going to this flea market for years and I look forward to it. I go by myself so I can shop as fast or slow as I like. I usually go on Friday because that is the day the J&J Show opens. This show used to be the high end field of all the different fields that open during the week. Unfortunately it has gone a bit down hill and the quality isn't as great. But it is still a fun and inspiring day. After I run through J & J, I head over to a few of the other fields that opened earlier in the week but still have vendors present.

Here are some photos I snapped of things I liked - but didn't buy. Do you see a theme? I do - pattern, ceramics, and sheep. It's what I am into at this moment in time. 












When I got home that afternoon, I found the newest copy of Best of Flea Market Style Magazine in my mailbox. 



And you guessed it - there was our house! 



This is a publication by Meredith and is a twice yearly magazine that is only available at newstands or at Barnes and Noble, possibly Walmart and Target and places they sell magazines. The pictures were taken by Rikki Snyder for Country Home but since Meredith owns Country Home and owns the photos outright, they could write another article about our farmhouse. 

I'd say this house is getting a bit too much exposure! Oh well - I guess I'll take it and be thankful for it. Here is the end page of the magazine with a photo of our porch with my oil paintings. I like the quote from Thomas Edison

"To invent you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."




The next Brimfield Antique Show/Flea Market is July 11 to 16. Information here. People travel from all over the world to visit this show. I'm so lucky to live close. 

Hope you all are having a good week. 

2 comments:

Auntie Shan said...

I've been hanging out at the thrift shops so much lately, my basement is beginning to turn *into* a FILLED-TO-THE BRIM's FIELD! ;-}
BTW, how much was that still life painting..? - Not that I have a place for it... Brought 2 more 16x20 watercolours the other day! And, still have 2 other baggedlarger pieces sitting in my backseat for the last week because I can't SNEAK them INTO the house, yet!! ;-D

Anyhoo, gonna keep a lookout for that mag issue! [tagged the pic to my phone so I know what to look for!] - Meanwhile, you should change the order of your wall pics and resort the books, if only to "confuse" any visiting voyeurs!

whatever.

HOPE you guys have a GREAT MEMORIAL WEEKEND! And, that the weather holds up!
*HUGS*!!
:-D

essay best said...

No doubt you are a good photographer. The market is close and you are lucky. Hope to see you shopping and keep us posted with some more unique items.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...