Monday, February 18, 2019

New Fabric Designs + A Fantastic Spoonflower Promotion

Last year I shared with you my continuing interest in designing fabrics. I have continued to develop some new surface designs and they are now available in my Spoonflower shop. How it works is I design a repeat pattern and I upload it to their site. Then I do a test print to make sure it will print correctly. After that, I make it "for sale" on my Spoonflower Shop

Anyone can then order one of my fabric designs on any of their 25 different fabrics, wallpaper and gift wrap. It is really very cool and lets me flirt with the concept of being a fabric designer. I have had several of my designs printed onto fabric for myself and then made things for my home out of my own textile designs. The quality is very good. Here are some of the projects I have made with my fabric designs.


ROSES AND DIAMONDS GOLD printed on Linen/Cotton Canvas 


SUNFLOWER AND COLORS STRIPES (VERTICAL STRIPES) 
printed on linen/cotton canvas
WOULD MAKE A GORGEOUS TABLECLOTH


SUNFLOWER AND LINOCUT BLOCKS - BRIGHT - 
printed on Kona Cotton and used for a quilt backing


Last winter, I translated many of my handprinted fabrics that were featured in my newest book Crafting A Patterned Home into digital files. The idea behind that was that someone could have the same fabric as shown in my book but need not handprint it themselves. You can see all of those designs in this collection page on my Spoonflower shop

Yesterday, I got an email from Spoonflower saying that they are having a big sale on their site. I thought I would let you all know about it in case you wanted to try out some of my fabric designs on a project for your home or wardrobe. You can purchase any fabric design on Spoonflower - not only those from my shop. There are literally thousands of fabric designers selling their designs on Spoonflower. 


Below are three of my newest designs - Vines and Flowers, Hand Drawn Paisleys, and Suzani Wide Stripe. Many of my designs are available in multiple colorways. Check out the Spoonflower sale and see all my 91 different fabric designs on my Spoonflower shop. If you order, I will get a small percentage of the sale. 


The sale runs from the 18th of February until the 24th of February. 


VINES AND FLOWERS - TURQUOISE


HAND DRAWN PAISLEYS - GREY AND BLUES
ORDER HERE


SUZANI WIDE STRIPE - CORAL GREEN BLUE WHITE

2 comments:

Michele in Maine said...

Love your bright and cheery designs and I agree, Spoonflower is so great! I order from them frequently for my bag fabrics.

Kristin Nicholas said...

Thx Michele. Glad you are finding some fun prints. It is pricier than fabric store but there is so much variety. Your bags are gorgeous.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...