Saturday, January 11, 2020

Meeting and Greeting and Selling In Person in 2019


We will be doing the Amherst Common Saturday Market again this year. We had a great season in 2019 and it worked out very well having both Mark and I in the booth and selling both our farm raised lamb and my artwork. I started bringing my artwork to the market when I had to take over when The Farmer was involved with surgery, etc. I figured if I had to stand there, I might as well try to sell my work as well as our lamb. We reached far more people because there is a limited number of folks who purchase lamb at farmers markets. There is another whole group who are interested in pretty handmade things. It was a good move and I've got to design some new tea towels to have ready for the upcoming 2020 season. 




In late September I did my first "show" with my ceramics at the North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival. It was a fun time. Here's the sign I made for my booth. I will apply again this year. 



This past December we had an extremely successful Holiday Open House here at Leyden Glen Farm. I'm not sure what it was that made it so successful. Was it the snow and the chance to visit a farm in the country covered with fields and surround covered with white fluffy stuff? Or was it my 100 day project that got people interested enough to come here? Whatever it was, I am thankful for those who came and I'll try to do make next year's just as exciting for those of you who choose to come. (Secretly though - I'm really hoping there won't be snow because it made me crazy with worry and complicated everything - as huge snowstorms are wont to do). 


No comments:

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...