Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

I took this photo at Saturday's Farmer's Market in Amherst where we were selling our lamb. Boy, was it a busy, fun market. I fell in love with a new flower called Godetia. Each flower has 4 petals and they almost resemble poppies. Couldn't help but take some photos. When I got home, I realized this photo (taken with the Hipstamatic App) had a red, white and blue aura to it. Enjoy your local fireworks, the flowers, the summer colors, the heat, and maybe a day off.


The flowers are called Godetia and they were grown by Missy and Casey and the staff at Old Friends Farm in Amherst. Missy does incredible wedding bouquets and arrangements and is a non-stop dynamo. I'm not sure she knew she was creating a R, W, + B theme here but that is how it came out.

Happy 4th to all of you in the USA.

1 comment:

Auntie Shan said...

**HAPPY 4TH, KRISTIN**!!

Hugs to The Gang!

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...