Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Sister Laurie's Tweed Bag


Julia and I spent a few days last week visiting my sister Laurie and her family in eastern Massachusetts before she had to start summer school. I found a bag I made Laurie for her birthday this past winter that I was in such a panic to finish that I never snapped a photo of it. I used a piece of Harris Tweed Wool from my stash to sew the bag. It is lined with a gorgeous quilting fabric which I forgot to snap a photo of this time. Before putting the lining in I handsewed (with sewing thread) a few of my Felted and Embroidered Zinnias from my PDF pattern onto the bag. She loves it. 

 

I added different colors of french knots at the point where the center joined the petals. They give great texture and make the flowers more playful.

 This is a great pattern for summer knitting. Not too much knit fabric to make you hot and sweaty! I think they would even work on the beach. Sunflowers and Zinnias to Knit and Felt. Available for $6 on my website here. or on Ravelry here.

Check out Tanis Gray's sweet little 4th of July/nautically themed top-down cotton pullover she just knit for her son. It is available as a free pattern on her website. My how her son is growing.

Pop back in tomorrow for a great post! Wait til you see! I'll put it up for early morning in case you are going away for the day.


3 comments:

Auntie Shan said...

One can *never* go wrong with a Harris Tweed!!

BTW, how are things "on The Farm"? - I noticed the other day on our "airport radar" - [a great website for seeing approaching weather] - that there was some nasty storms in Your Area..? Hope you didn't have any power losses.

Anyway, HAPPY 4TH!! Stay COOL!!
:-D

Turtle said...

how sweet!

corazon said...

Love this bag. If I find some Tweed, I'll try to make me a bag.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...