Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cannot Let This Day Pass

Happy 100th BIrthday Julia from Google and everyone here at our farm too!

 

This post at BrainPickings is very interesting - especially to someone involved in publishing. I love this Julia quote lifted from this article and from "As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto":

"HELL AND DAMNATION, is all I can say. WHY DID WE EVER DECIDE TO DO THIS ANYWAY? But I can’t think of doing anything else, can you?"  
from a letter from Julia Child to Avis DeVoto.

That is something I say to myself all the time. Glad to see that I am not the only one who feels or has felt that way. I often think about what avenue Julia would take now in the digital world. Did you see this produced by PBS? A little long but fun.

Some other good links for you today:
Love this site. Gorgeous Welsh Blankets and beautiful plaids.
This is a good article for everyone to read, especially parents heading into the new school year.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Kristin,
Thanks for the wonderful article. It puts everything in perspective doesn't it?

Lee

Dianna said...

Thanks for the article - it's not just for those with otherly-abled children. I needed that reminder right now - after spending the first night home for my dad since he broke his hip. Up every hour to help him to the bathroom, I'm falling asleep at my desk. Last week we had our autistic grandson with us and had a blast.

It helps to put life in perspective!

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...