Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Fabric Printing Retreat 2016 - Day One

We had a great weekend here at the farm. I had a full house with 6 students. Three students were "returnees" which is very cool - so nice to see them again! The photos today are from Day One of the Creative Retreat which was Fabric Printing Day.

On July 30th I have the second Fabric Printing Day here at the farm. There are still 3 spaces available if you are interested. The price is $250 for the day and it includes morning food, full farm lunch, and all supplies. More info here to sign up. If you have any questions, please send them on to kristinnicholasATgmailDOTcom. There is an Add-on Day too which is Crewel Embroidery for $160.

I really do love these days sharing my skills here in my studio IN PERSON. On-line classes are great but it is a whole different dynamic teaching in person. I think students catch on quicker. And then there is all the personal interactions between me and everyone. It is so interesting to see how each student progresses through the day and to see what designs they come up with and how their project turns out. 

I'm off to sell our farm raised lamb at the Tuesday Farmers Market in Northampton today. I will leave you to peruse all the photos and see what beautiful projects everyone turned out. I'll be back with a recap from Day Two within the next couple days. 





















2 comments:

Adaliza said...

Wow - what brilliant results. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time and produced amazing designs. Looking forward to more pics ... Ax

Auntie Shan said...

:D
Looks like a fun time was had by all! - I don't see any rain out the windows, so I guess your weather held up!
Anyhoo, great looking Totes! Everyone did a super job!

BTW, couldn't help but "notice" your STACK of "STASH" in the background... ;-> I could probably FILL up the REST of your studio with *my* LOT!! - Lucky for you there's a "border" and a few hundred miles between us, or I'd be RENTING "space" off of you!

Anyhoo, can't wait to see the other pics!
oh. And hope Market sales were good today.

:-D

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...