Friday, September 17, 2010

Vogue Knitting News and VKLive In January in NYC

Vogue Knitting is having a sale of their pattterns which ends today! I'm alerting you to this because I get asked all the time "Where can I find those JULIA knee high socks you designed that were in Vogue Knitting?" The answer is that they were in the Vogue Knitting Ultimate Sock Book. And now the pattern is available for PDF download for instant download. Check it out here!


Just a heads up to all of you wanting to take a class with me in NYC at Vogue Knitting's new "VK Live - Fashion Fiber Education" venue. Here is the link to my classes at this event. It looks like many of my classes are sold - out so if you are on the fence, I'd hop on over and register.


And last of all, have you heard about Vogue Knitting's fabulous new Magic of Mohair contest? You could win a trip to South Africa if you win their Grand Prize. There are also many, many other prizes. The entry deadline is December 1st. I mention this here because the yarn you knit and design with must be at least 25% mohair. And you know which yarn - my Julia from Nashua Handknits - is 25% mohair, 25% alpaca and 50% wool!

I have always been in love with the mohair fiber. I love its sheen and luster and the way it takes dye. I love the silkiness of the fiber and what it adds to any yarn. When I designed my Julia, I knew I just had to have mohair in its blend. Here's your chance to design something stupendous with Julia or any other mohair. And besides, those goats are just so good-looking, aren't they?


MOHAIR - there is no other fiber like it!

No comments:

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...