Sunday, December 14, 2014

Kids Embroidery - An Awesome Christmas Gift for New Stitchers


 In preparation for Thanksgiving, I was doing some rearranging of the boxes and junk in our farmhouse and I discovered a limited number of my Kids Embroidery book that I think some of you might like to give as a Christmas gift to your kids, grandkids, and little friends.

Embroidery is a timeless craft and it is experiencing a bit of a revival these days. Wouldn't you like to help a young person learn a craft that they can practice the rest of their lives? 

Kids Embroidery was published in 2004 by STC/Melanie Falick Books. It has very high production values (in book language - hard-cover, gorgeous photos, thick glossy paper, modern art design, a dust jacket - remember them?) and I am selling them for the retail price from 10 years ago - $19.95 plus shipping.

 

Along with the book, I will include a skein of embroidery floss, a piece of linen fabric, and a needle to get your young stitcher going. (I bet Amazon won't do that for you?) Package the book up with some other colors of floss, some cute scissors and some felt, and you have your one Christmas or Hanukkah gift done!


Stitches covered include needlepoint, cross stitch and 17 free-form embroidery stitches. It also includes 23 different embroidery projects. 


Here are some highlights from this book - one of my very favorites.
•Over 50 how-to (hand-painted by moi) illustrations 
•Instructions and illustrations for needlepoint, cross stitch and 17 free-form embroidery stitches
•22 templates for transferring designs to fabric
•5 needlepoint projects, 1 cross stitch project, 17 free form embroidery projects
•Instructions for printing on fabric
•Inspirational illustrations and info on traditional samplers and embroidery around the world
•How-to host an embroidery party
•Lush photographs including girls and boys stitching

Here's the link to my website to order. If you want the book signed to someone in particular, please add a note to the order form.  If you would like me to ship to an alternate address, please specify that on the order form. I can put a gift card in the box letting the recipient know who the book is from.


NOTE: I do not like to ship books to Canada or Overseas. Postage is more than the book - this book is heavy! If you are desperate, I can but the postage charge is at least $25.00 extra. Email me and I can send you a Paypal invoice for purchasing book and extra postage.

While you are at, check out my Vintage Embroidery Collection Kits that are a nice add-on for new stitchers. There are 4 kits and they come with a printed 8 page set of instructions and a cotton/linen printed design to stitch on. You can read more about them here.




Thanks everyone for helping me tidy up my living room before the holidays and for helping me spread the embroidery cheer!

And to brighten up your day, here's a photo of some of the new residents at the farm. There are 7 - can you find them all?


1 comment:

katherine said...

Love the kitty picture! My girls want new kitties every year...but we have all 5 of our kitties fixed. We home school and they do make nice desk/lap warmers whiled doing school work.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...