Thursday, November 12, 2015

Autumn Colors + An Update

This week it has been pretty dreary - cold and wet and gray and fogged in most of the time. That has been good for my work because I have been super busy making things for the upcoming Open House on December 5/6. I'll be back with more information on that at the beginning of next week. My friends and I that are doing this together are having a planning session tomorrow. 



Above are 4 bowls that are painted with underglaze. They will not look like this when they are finished - the colors will be much brighter once the gloss glaze goes on. 



Having the puppies Beau and Sadie is a lot of fun. They take their walk seriously and always end it with a dip in a little spring fed puddle/pond in the pasture. They are getting so big - bigger than Kate and Ness, the Border Collies. I don't know how much they weigh but it has got to be close to 50 pounds each. 



The Collies are not very friendly to the Gt Pyrenees puppies. So far, it has been impossible to get them in a photo together. But we all take our walk together and I love watching the different personalities and antics of each breed. 

Before the memories of autumn color slip away, I wanted to share some of the beauty that I've found inspiring in nature in our pastures and on our road. 













Have a great day everyone! 

3 comments:

ellen said...

What beautiful colors in your surroundings and in your pottery. I love looking at those puppies and your Border Collies. The pups are growing so quickly. I am battling with all of the fall leaves that our two Newfie dogs bring into the house. Such a mess, but they are worth it. Have a lovely weekend. I wish so often that I was closer to your area. I know I am missing out on so much.

Auntie Shan said...

;-} So glad that I don't have to *rake* YOUR yard!
Finally, about 99% of the Neighbour's annoying Maple have come off and been dealt with... It's little TREE *FARM* in OUR rain gutters will at last be removed some time this coming week when we get a DRY day!

Great Dog pics!! - "Kids" and puddles... Doesn't matter what Species, eh?
;-D

Anonymous said...

What a visual treat!
--elizaduckie

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...