Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Life Outside and Inside the Back Door

Step out my backdoor 3 days ago and it looked very gray and white and black and neutral.


This hen has refused to go into the chicken pen all winter. She's been pretty happy running loose and finding her own way.

Vera, my first momma cat, and her handsome son Charlie are waiting for something.


In three days, the temperatures have been rising and now this scene looks like a very un-photogenic lake which is partly emptying into the basement. Mud season has officially arrived. The joys of country living.

Inside colorful stuff is happening fast and furious although I can't show anything until next fall when it will be in print. Thanks to Charlie for all his moral support as I go.


I even finished something for us to enjoy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the listing on Amazon the other day and I am so excited for you! I can't wait.

Love the animal pictures. I can't have sheep because the mountain lions would get them, but I love them dearly.

Anonymous said...

to me it's pretty clear that Vera and Charlie are waiting for spring! Here in dentral Europe spring is already looking around the corner, so when we meet I'll forward it to you! :-) So tell Vera and Charlie that they just have to keep looking! Or rest on this lovely heart-pillow! Wouldn't this be great for Valentine too?!

Cecie said...

oooh your cats are beautiful... they look... kind of urban. i like that a lot. had a cat that looked like the same way. take care of them ;o)

kate said...

Nice pillow!!!! Looked on amazon-as above post said, saw your book! pre-ordered! Looks great. Kristin, do you know about Elizabeth Zimmermann knitting and this blog- http://zimmermaniacs.blogspot.com/
just wanted to know what you think of it...

also- seeing the rash of crocheted ripple afghans and granny square afghans on blogs and having new grandchildren almost every year (and hearing that crocheting is faster), I am trying to learn to crochet- do you know how?

Love the snow pics- it has been in the 80's here in N. California! I want more winter!

Marcy said...

Why, Vera and Charlie are waiting for Spring, of course! :D

Lisa Carney said...

Kristin, reading your blog is like taking a vacation. I always enjoy it.

andsewtosleep said...

Gosh what a beautiful cushion - the colours are gorgeous.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...