Friday, March 16, 2007

White Inside, White Outside

There's a lot of white in my life right now. This lovely amaryllis has just begun to bloom - it has an amazing chartreuse and lemon center. I love amaryllis to death. I give them frequently as gifts and always have a few at different stages in our home all winter long.

We had a brief flirtation with spring at the beginning of the week. Today we are in the midst of a massive snowstorm. As they say here in New England, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a day." Nothing could be more true. Hard to believe that this morning all the snow had melted. Look what it looks like now.

Julia and I and the dogs took a nice late afternoon walk up the road. By the time we were heading home, our tracks were practically covered!


I've been working with a great new white paper for the roughs for my illustrations for my new book. It's called Borden & Reilly #110M Technical Vellum. Much nicer than tracing paper and I can still see through it. I didn't go to school for illustration and fine art and so I'm always in the dark when embarking on a project. I frequent an art supply store where they always seem to be able to help me out. I've only got two roughs to go and then, once approved, I can slog through all the finals. I can't wait to be done with this project. This book has been in the works for almost two years - don't ask!


I'll be missing next week. I've got four days of photography for that same new book and know I will be too exhausted to post anything in the evenings when I get home. Have a great weekend and week.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Love that splash of Julia color in the b&w landscape!

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...