Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day Nine

Things are continuing to move along on the construction front. The east side of the building is covered with "shiplap" siding. The gables are finished and trimmed out. This is fiddly work with lots of angles and precise cutting. Kevin was up on ladders and scaffolding and Rory was cutting pieces from below. I heard lots of directions being shouted and adjustments being made but it turned out beautifully. Must cut those branches off the maple tree off. Add that to the list.....


Both the north and south side "soffits" are finished now. There is some kind of metal in for venting the building.


This is the view that will be out my studio door (minus the piles of lumber). My studio is taking the place of our old porch so I am very at home with the space. The entire room used to be made of screening with barnboard siding so this will be a bit to get used to. Not quite as much light but I'll be able to use it all year long which is marvelous. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Kar said...

Very awesome!

Arline said...

I am SOOooo excited for/with you, Kristin! Thank you for letting us watch the progress. I can't wait to see the next installment.

Unknown said...

Wowee!! What a view. Be sure to send us the view in autumn when the leaves are changing.

MicheleinMaine said...

I waved as my daughter and I drove through Greenfield this weekend to and from Williamstown. Would have loved to have stopped, but we had sooo much driving to do. Can't wait for your addition to be finished.

M.E. Greene said...

Hello! I had been in conversation with a blog reader about finding sources for wool that I felt good about (meaning that the sheep aren't raised in factory farms and poorly treated). She mentioned you and suggested that I contact you just to see whether your custom wool might be the sort I'm looking for. Do you, by any chance, sell wool from your own farm? I find that the small farms are more what I'm looking for, but those are less likely to have any real yarn for sale.

I've been a fan of your work for many years... long before the age of Ravelry! :)

Marie Greene
http://permissiontounwind.blogspot.com
leafygreenes at gmail.com

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...