Thursday, June 10, 2010

Julia's Fiberart Experience at Cherscapes Studio in Greenfield

This spring Julia has been taking a series of Fiberart classes at the new "Cherscapes" Studio in Greenfield. It has been a great three months for her. She's met some similarly aged girls from other towns who are interested in sewing, surface design, and crafting things. I must admit, this was my idea but Julia has gone along for the ride and has actually looked forward to each Wednesday afternoon.


Cheryl has worked as a teacher with kids with learning issues so I thought she would be a great person to help Julia learn more about the things I like to do. Julia is never much interested in what I make and I haven't had a lot of luck getting her to learn to make and do. Cheryl on the other hand has.

Julia has made tie-dyed and painted fabrics, she made and printed from a silkscreen. She has learned to use a sewing machine and how to stuff a pillow, and she is even learning some basic sewing.


Here she is in a photo by Cheryl embroidering on a hoop.


The class is over for this school year but I'm hoping I can swing getting Julia to go back again. Thank you Cheryl for all your help, patience, and kind nature.


You can check out Cheryl's blog here and her classes here. I have several friends who are taking the adult series of Surface Design Classes and they are loving it!

I hope I can take one of her silk screen workshops one day as that is something I have always wanted to do. Maybe next year. Have a peek at Cheryl's silk scarves here on her website.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Oooooh...that looks like fun!

Alltek Bee Removal said...

My girls enjoy doing those sorts of crafts. We sew, crochet, plastic canvas and whatever else we get our hands on. It's a good way to keep them busy.

marit said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

I haven't been able to teach my kids to knit, but they learned it in school, and then it was okay to have me help them! I think very often it is that way- much easier and more interesting to learn from a "stranger".

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...