Wednesday, December 01, 2010

December 1st

December 1st - wow - I am just getting used to writing 2010 and now I'm going to have to move on.... Not a lot of color left here on our hillside. Rosehips do look pretty and will keep the birds fed all winter long.

We'll be selling our lamb at the Amherst Winter Farmer's Market this coming Saturday the 4th at the Amherst (MA) Middle School. You can find more information on their Facebook Page. I'll also bringing some washed wool (for Santa beards!) and my new holiday cards and postcards. Knitting and embroidery books too. If you want something in particular, give me a call or email so I can make sure to set it aside for you. You can find the number on our Farm webpage here.

Watch this little video.....if you have time. It speaks of the season and is just so cute! And have you seen this catalog? Especially pages 44 to 56. You just have to peak. (And no, they haven't paid me anything for this plug....)

Do you remember Dominique Browning's wonderful editorial letters from House and Garden when she was Editor in Chief? Dominique has a blog called Slow Love Life and her post today is really nice. She has a new book out called Slow Love - How I Lost my Job, Put On my Pajamas, and Found Happiness that I'm hoping someone gives me for Christmas. Thanks to my sister Laurie for telling me about this.

1 comment:

sandi said...

Thank you for mentioning Dominique Browning's blog! I used to buy House and Garden just to read her essays, and I'm delighted to know about her new book.

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...