Sunday, November 05, 2017

Movie Mad

When I was a kid, I never wanted to go to the movies. Truth of the matter was I would rather stay home and sew and create than "waste my time" in a dark theatre. It wasn't until I got older that I started to enjoy escaping to a dark theatre and becoming consumed by the big screen, the colors, the costumes and a different world that is brought to life by directors, story tellers, actors, and all the other talented people it takes to make a movie. 

Over the past few months, I have had the chance to see some lovely films at The Amherst Cinema. It is a long ride to get there but they seem to have the films that are never in Greenfield or Brattleboro. I thought it would be fun to share the trailers of three films I have really enjoyed recently here on my blog. If you can't see them on the big screen, they will probably be on Netflix soon. 

They are: 

MAUDIE - the story of folk artist Maud Lewis. I have written about her before. 

LOVING VINCENT - an amazing "animated" film made from oil paintings in the style of Vincent Van Gogh painted by 165 artists throughout the world. The whole thing blew me away. 

GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN - It wasn't until I had Julia that I read the Winnie The Pooh books by AA Milne. This is the story. A bit sad but beautifully done. 

Here are the trailers for you to watch. Enjoy.




3 comments:

susan hemann said...

thank you for sharing the movies, I have been starved for a good film!

Anonymous said...

I love movie trailers -- what a great idea for a blog post! Thanks for sharing. --Nancy in NC

Geri said...

I highly recommend :"The Big Sick".